Survey Reveals the Most Annoying Type of Airplane Passenger
With the holidays coming faster than Santa cruising through the night sky dropping off presents, you may be thinking about hopping on a place to visit some loved ones. Hopefully, you won't find yourself sitting near these trouble-makers.
A new Expedia survey of more than 1,000 Americans has found the most offensive passengers on a plane. Coming in at number one smoother than the landing from Tulsa to Kansas City on a rain-slicked night is...the seat-kicker. Yup, that man or woman who uses their feet to kick your seat like they're Pele going for a hat trick. A total of 61% of respondents cited this delinquent as a major thorn in their sides during air travel.
Here's a look at the entire top 10, along with the percent of respondents who said these people are an annoyance on planes:
1. Rear Seat Kicker - 61%
2. Inattentive Parents - 59%
3. (tie) The Aromatic Passenger - 50%
3. (tie) The Audio Insensitive (talk loudly/listens to music that can be heard by others) - 50%
5. The Boozer - 45%
6. Chatty Cathy - 43%
7. Carry-On Baggage Offenders - 38%
8. The Queue Jumper (rushes to deplane) - 35%
9. (tie) Seat-Back Guy (the seat recliner) - 32%
9. (tie) Overhead Bin Inconsiderate (stows bag in first available spot, rather than nearest to his/her seat) - 32%